Thursday, March 12, 2009

California Trip!

Thanks to my goddess of a mother, Johann and I were able to spend two weeks of frigid Minnesota January in beautiful northern California! She grew tired of waiting for us to have the time and money to make the trip out there, so she bought the tickets for us to come out and called it her birthday present. Imagine that.

Here are some of the pics from the trip. Of course I took hundreds, but these are some of my favorites.

This was taken in the Minneapolis airport when Johann and I were waiting for our connecting flight to Sacramento. This is the infamous bathroom (i.e., Shrine to the Wide Stance) where ex-US Senator, Larry Craig, was caught trying to do something naughty. Yes, I'm a nerd. I know this, and I am at peace.



Johann and his cousin Neva less than a minute after we arrived in San Francisco. The two of them went straight to the toy box and started working together to get the toys out. How cute is that?!



Just an ordinary day in San Francisco. Beautiful, sunny, energetic, and happy. Perfection.



Cynthia (Johann's auntie), Neva, Johann, and his grandma, Deborah.



Neva and Johann sharing a swing. Unfortunately, Johann had an ear-infection, was teething, and refused to sleep for much of the trip. He was, therefore, a beast and there wasn't much more sharing than the swing and sundry toys.

Because nerdiness apparently runs in the family, Cynthia and I also tried to share by nursing each others' babies. Despite our best and multiple efforts, it didn't work out. The kids were having none of that business. Fortunately - or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it - we don't have any photographs of these failed attempts.



Johann's uncle, Pedro, and Neva having quiet sleepy time.



Neva and Johann resting on the drive up to see their great-grandfather, Sigfrid Sandstrom, in Napa Valley.



Johann, Sigfrid, and Neva :)


A couple of videos taken during our visit with Sig :)







Johann with his grandpa, Dean, and his cousin, Neva.



3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip. Great pictures. I love the nursing story. I always wonder if Dacia would nurse with another Mommy, but was never brave enough to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are a nerd, then you are TOTALLY allowed to be my friend! :) That San Francisco pic made me ACHE to be there.... Loved all the cute pics of those adorable cousins, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the swing-sharing picture...looks like it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete